Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist
The Senior Research Scientist will be responsible for developing methodologies for plant phenotypic analyses and cultivation activities to enable Edison Agrosciences’ Research and Development (R&D) activities in St. Louis, Missouri. This individual will be a key member of the research group and will have the opportunity to participate in early-stage research and development with the company. The Senior Research Scientist will be a key member of the Edison Agrosciences team.
- Leads the development of new methodologies for plant analysis and cultivation related to the development of novel traits in plants.
- Develops and implements project strategy, timelines, resource allocation, and communications.
- Designs, directs and conducts plant analyses.
- Serves as a technical leader for trait and crop development.
- Prepares and manages project budgets for plant production and phenotyping.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of project data and other materials as needed.
- Contribute to scientific discussions and present outcomes to colleagues.
Education, Experience, and other position parameters:
- Ph.D. in plant molecular biology, plant physiology, agronomy, horticulture, or a related area of study.
- Three to ten years of experience in an academic or commercial laboratory performing plant biochemical analyses.
Desired Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, experience, education, and capabilities:
- Experience in a commercial biotechnology laboratory.
- Experience with the chemical analysis and cultivation of diverse plant systems.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organization and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team of research scientists and contribute to team morale, enthusiasm, and efficiency.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with database programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, collaborators, and management.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of technical challenges.
- Ability to develop and execute research plans in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High ethical standards and trustworthiness.