Research Associate I, Plant Analysis
The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for helping develop methodology for and executing plant analysis and cultivation activities to enable Edison Agrosciences’ Research and Development (R&D) activities in St. Louis, Missouri. This individual will be a key member of the research group and will have the opportunity to participate in early-stage research and development with the company. The Research Associate will be a key member of the Edison Agrosciences team.
- Develop and perform analytical and cultivation methodologies for development of novel traits in plants.
- Utilize the published literature to identify techniques and strategies to create more efficient and higher throughput methods for plant chemical analysis.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur in the analytical and cultivation pipelines and develop effective solutions.
- Track projects and candidate treatments and transgenic events through multiple generations of testing.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of project data and other materials as needed.
- Contribute to scientific discussions and present outcomes to colleagues.
- Initiate and participate in the development of new processes and techniques for the rapid evaluation of plant phenotypes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, and Other Position Parameters:
- BS or MS in plant molecular biology, plant physiology, plant biochemistry, agronomy, horticulture, or a related area of study
- Zero to two years of experience in an academic or commercial laboratory performing plant chemical analyses
Desired Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, experience, education, and capabilities:
- Experience in a commercial biotechnology laboratory.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organization and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team of research scientists and contribute to team morale, enthusiasm, and efficiency.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with database programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, collaborators, and management.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of technical challenges.
- Ability to follow research plans furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High ethical standards and trustworthiness.